For most of us, our lives have changed unrecognisably over the past 18 months. We have had to face obstacles and restrictions in various aspects of our daily lives. Most of us have been psychologically primed and set up to saying yes to:
• Mask wearing
• Closing businesses
• Social distancing
• Staying at home to save lives
• Accepting furlough payments
This has caused most of us to lose the joy of living in the fear of dying. We’ve been made fearful by the constant daily barrage of threats, untruths, and propaganda. Some of us live in trepidation of what the future is going to hold for us. This video might help to explain what might be in the pipeline: https://bit.ly/3AOJYib
So how can we live joyfully or find joy in our lives?
Here are some things you could do:
• Take life one day at a time, focusing on small moments in the present that spark some joy.
• Pray or connect with the divine
• Indulge your five senses, eg, listen to songs that boost your spirits.
• Change your routine - trying something new could lead you to find unexpected excitement and joy in life.
• Take time to meditate or practice mindfulness - you can let go of stress and replace it with joy and calm.
• Give yourself a makeover
• Do something silly to unleash your inner child
• Treat yourself
• Conquer a fear
You can also learn of ways to prepare for the future. Being forewarned is forearmed.